C3DAR LAB Class - Behaviour & Safety Policies
C3DAR LAB strives to provide the highest level of safety and enjoyment to all participants and staff during its camps and programs. We have developed this Behaviour & Safety Policy to support this mission and make programs and camp enjoyable for everyone.
- Coarse language, bullying, non-compliance, aggressive or inappropriate behaviour, and behaviour that significantly impacts the safety or enjoyment of staff or other participants are not permitted in programs or at camp.
- All parents/guardians are responsible for discussing appropriate behaviours with their children.
- Behaviours that pose a safety risk to the individual or others may result in temporary or immediate removal from activities or programs.
- No work created by participants should feature violent or otherwise inappropriate themes.
Our staff will make every effort to accommodate your child’s needs and integrate them into programming. However, actions or behaviours that do not adhere to this policy will be documented, reported, and could result in the permanent removal of a participant from programs or camp. We reserve the right to remove and withdraw your child from the program should their behaviour cause harm to themselves, participants, staff or property.
Progressive Discipline Policy
C3DAR LAB promotes a progressive discipline model. Through progressive discipline, staff determine appropriate consequences and/ or supports to help participants improve their behaviour, while taking into account their individual circumstances. The goal is to help prevent inappropriate behaviour from happening again. Within this context, more serious consequences may be considered for inappropriate behaviour that escalates or is repeated.
Staff will consider a range of options to determine the most appropriate way to respond to each situation and help the participant learn from their choices. These will include different supports and consequences.
Supports could include:
- a conversation with the participant
- a review of expectations for the participant’s behaviour
- a change of activity or setting
Consequences could include:
- Revocation of access to certain technology, equipment, or materials
- Change of seating
- “Time Out”
- Behaviour Reflection Assignment
- Conversation with parent/guardian
- Expulsion from the camp/program as per the C3DAR LAB 3 Strike Policy
3 Strike Policy
C3DAR LAB strives to provide the highest level of safety and enjoyment to all participants and staff during its camps and programs. It’s important that everyone attending a C3DAR LAB program is having a fun and safe experience.
Behaviours that are NOT permitted in C3DAR LAB programs include, but are not limited to:
- Physically striking another participant or staff
- Bullying, harassing, or threating any of the other participants or staff
- Stealing anything from another participant, staff, or location
- Possession of any harmful objects (such as knives, lighters, etc.)
- Purposefully breaking anything that is supplied for their use or belongs to another participant or staff member
- Any behaviour that may pose a safety risk to the individual, other participants, or staff
These behaviours will be documented, reported, and could result in the removal of a participant from camps or programs as per our 3-strike policy.
If the participant’s behaviour is deemed inappropriate by a supervisor, they may be administered a strike. In the event a strike has been given, the parent/guardian of the participant will be notified immediately and the participant will be removed from the program for the remainder of the day. The incident will also be documented and kept on file.
After the third strike, a participant will be removed indefinitely from the current program and from any other programs they may be signed up for. C3DAR LAB reserves the right to administer all three strikes at once depending on the severity of the behaviour.
Safe & Responsible Technology Use Policy
All technological equipment required to participate in C3DAR LAB programs and camps will be provided by C3DAR LAB. Participants are not required to bring their own equipment with them to programs or camps.
In the event that a participant does bring a technological device, C3DAR LAB, its staff, and its vendors are not liable for any loss, theft, or damage that may occur. Participants are only permitted to use their personal devices during times specified by staff.
It is expected that technology and technology services supplied by C3DAR LAB will be used in an appropriate, responsible and safe manner. This includes, but is not limited to, all technology provided by C3DAR LAB and personal technologies connecting to C3DAR LAB network and accessing C3DAR LAB technology services such as the internet, collaboration tools and digital learning platforms.
Use of personal devices on networks other than the C3DAR LAB network when used in C3DAR LAB learning and program environment(s) are also subject to these policies and procedures.
All participants in C3DAR LAB programs and camps who are given access to C3DAR LAB technology and technology services are required to know and abide by the Safe & Responsible Technology Use Policy.
In the event of a breach of this policy, C3DAR LAB will take appropriate measures to address the situation. This may include, but is not limited to:
- disciplinary action (please refer to our Behaviour & Safety Poloicy for more information)
- temporary confiscation of personal devices to be returned promptly at the end of a program
- temporary or permanent revocation of access to C3DAR LAB equipment and/or technology services
Registration Consent and Waivers
Our Intake Form has been integrated into our registration process. Please find below all relevant policies and procedures formerly outlined in the Intake Form.
Consent for Emergency Medical Care
While every effort will be made to reach parents/guardians in the event of a medical emergency, we require your permission to authorize any Doctor to give necessary treatment in the event of such as emergency. I hereby grant permission for C3DAR LAB to take whatever steps necessary to obtain
emergency medical care. These steps may include but are not limited to the following:
- Attempt to contact a parent/guardian
- Attempt to contact the child’s physician
- Attempt to contact emergency contact person
If we cannot contact any of the above, we will call an ambulance and if necessary have the child taken to the emergency department of the hospital, in the company of a staff member. Any expense incurred under circumstances listed above will be paid by the child’s family.
C3DAR LAB WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENT THAT MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF FALSE INFORMATION GIVEN AT THE TIME OF ENROLMENT.
Permission to Use Photograph and Video
I hereby grant to C3DAR LAB its representatives and employees, the right to take photographs and videos of my child(ren) registered via this form and/or me and hereby consent to the use of such photographs and/or videos in C3DAR LAB marketing and promotional materials, in print and/or electronically. I acknowledge and agree that C3DAR LAB shall own all copyright in such pictures and videos. I agree that C3DAR LAB may use such photographs and videos with or without our names for any marketing and/or promotional activity, including without limitation its Website, newspaper advertisements and social media without any compensation being payable and without any additional consent or authorization from us.
Liability Waiver (Mandatory Acceptance)
I, the undersigned, for myself and sponsored dependent and guest, assume full responsibility for death, or any other injuries or damages which may occur to me or my sponsored guests or dependents in, on, or about the premises of the facility and do hereby fully and forever release and discharge C3DAR LAB. employees, officers, agents, servants and independent contractors from any and all suits, claims damages cost and expenses of every kind, in conjunction with the use of the facility and equipment thereof except that arising out of the sole negligence or willful misconduct of C3DAR LAB..
I, the undersigned, for myself and my sponsored dependents and guests further agree to use all related equipment, props and activity area properly and leave them in good condition. I, the undersigned, understand the activities which will be held during the program and have had my questions answered to my satisfaction. I, the undersigned, certify that the information I have given on my registration form is complete and accurate. By my signature below, I agree to the provisions of this Release of Liability Waiver for myself, for my sponsored dependents and guests, and for my heirs and assigns intending to be legally bound.
Consent to Communicate via Email (Mandatory Acceptance)
C3DAR LAB uses email and other means electronic telecommunication to distribute information about the programs and activities. In accordance with Canada’s anti-spam legislation, we require your permission to communicate with you via email or other means of electronic telecommunications.
By registering my child(ren) in C3DAR LAB programs, you are providing STEMMINDS with consent to communicate with you via electronic means of telecommunications. If, at any time, you wish to revoke this consent, please state such intention in writing to C3DAR LAB at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Policies and Procedures
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, C3DAR LAB reserves the right to cancel programs. A variety of factors are considered in the cancellation of programs including:
- School bus cancellations and/or school closures by our partnering school boards
- Environment Canada weather advisories and warnings
Programs cancelled due to inclement weather are non-refundable. Make-up classes will be considered on a case-by-case basis. In the event that make-up classes cannot be accommodated, a refund or credit towards another program for the amount of the missed class will be provided. Please note that this policy only applies to classes that are missed due to inclement weather and will not apply to classes missed due to personal illness, vacation, etc.
Notice of program cancellation due to inclement weather will be sent via email to the address provided by participants upon registration. Notice of program cancellation will also be posted on our Facebook page and on the homepage of our website. Notification of class cancellation will occur a minimum of 2 hours prior to the start of a program. If you have questions regarding our inclement weather policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 226-387-2162.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
In order to request a refund, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, child’s name, and order number. A full refund for a program may be provided prior to the start of the first class of a program or prior to the start of the second class of any program session.
Refunds requested after the start of the second class of any program session will not be accommodated. Partial refunds, credits, or makeup sessions for missed classes will not be accommodated except in the case of legitimate medical circumstances (e.g. serious injury that prevents participation in programming, scheduled surgery, etc). All refunds are subject to a $40 administration fee.
Refunds will be processed as either (a) a direct refund to the original method of payment or (b) a cheque. At the discretion of C3DAR LAB, a store credit may be provided in lieu of a refund.
Additional Payment-Related Fees
Non-sufficient funds fee – If a cheque is returned due to non-sufficient funds, a fee of $40 will be applied to each cheque returned.
Terms and Conditions for Registration in C3DAR LAB programs:
I, the undersigned, agree to the following:
- To enroll my child(ren) at C3DAR LAB Programs.
- To provide C3DAR LAB with all fees prior to the dates they are due.
- To notify C3DAR LAB in advance if any person other than the parent/guardian is picking up my child/children.
- To advise C3DAR LAB if there are any changes in the family relationship, including any changes to the custody/access of my child/children.
- I understand that absences due to illnesses or holidays and closures due to severe weather conditions and/or natural disasters are not exempt from payment.
- To keep my child/children from C3DAR LAB programs if there is any question of illness; to notify C3DAR LAB about any serious illness; and to call/inform C3DAR LAB if my child/children will be absent from the program.
- That permission is granted to call a physician or ambulance in case of an emergency.
- To bring my child(ren) to the program on time and pick up my child(ren) on time.
- Agreed and follow all the terms, policies and procedures stated above
- Extended care must be indicated and requested upon confirmation of registration. No changes,
cancellations or refunds will be made after registration completed.
- It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to ensure that our child/children’s immunization record is always up to date.
- C3DAR LAB uses email and other means electronic telecommunication to distribute information about the programs and activities. In accordance with Canada’s anti-spam legislation, we require your permission to communicate with you via email or other means of electronic telecommunications.
By registering my child(ren) in C3DAR LAB programs, you are providing C3DAR LAB with consent to communicate with you via electronic means of telecommunications. If, at any time, you wish to revoke this consent, please state such intention in writing to C3DAR LAB at email@example.com